The education and outreach working group aims to develop understanding of reflectivity techniques and disseminate information about reflectivity analysis.
At the recent workshop the Education & Outreach sessions tried to define the scope of the working group and discussed some detail on the design and content of the website and how to secure the long-term future of the ORSO collaboration. The discussions were wide ranging and agreement was not always reached. However, we were able to establish a list of actions that will hopefully put the organisation on a firm footing and mean that the website becomes a useful resource for those that are interested in reflectometry at all levels.
The full scope of the working group is now defined as:
- Outreach & Dissemination: The E&O working group should write news items and publicise the organisation at user meetings and conferences. This should include information on any standards that are established by the other working groups.
- Website management: The website is editable by any member of ORSO. The E&O working group is responsible for the content that is outward facing and educational.
- Organization of annual meetings: Each working group will have regular virtual meetings covering their specific issues with an annual in-person meeting once a year. The E&O working group will take primary responsibility for organising the annual meeting, and ideally this will be associated as a satellite to a bigger international conference.
To get involved in the E&O working group you should sign up to GitHub and take a look at the GitHub repository or Gitter message board. You can become a member by emailing the working group chair.
Open to all to read, however, an account is required to post to the message board or comment on actions.
- Tom Arnold (ESS) – Chair
- Jos Cooper (ISIS)
- Andrew McCluskey (Diamond)
- Wojciech Potrzebowski (ESS)
- Adrian Rennie (Uppsala)
- Thomas Saebeck (ILL)